Overuse/inflammation in shoulder
Are you experiencing pain in or around your shoulder? Read our quick guide about overuse/inflammation in muscles and tendon insertions around the shoulder joint and the possible causes, symptoms and treatment.
Overuse/inflammation in muscles and tendon insertions around the shoulder joint
The troubles are common among painters, carpenters, waitresses, hairdressers and in sports as swimming, javelin, handball and bodybuilding.
- Instability / degenerative changes.
- Stiffness in the thoracic spine.
- Poor posture.
- Static work above the shoulders.
- Pain and reduced strength when working above the shoulder.
- Difficulties to sleep on the shoulder, get dressed and to comb your hair.
- Pain and soreness during or after activity.
- Avoid static work.
- Adapt working position.
- Training of ROM, coordination, strength and stability.